- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoons ghee (clarified butter)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom powder
- Saffron strands for garnish (optional)
- Chopped almonds for garnish (optional)
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine almond flour and ghee. Mix well to ensure that the ghee is evenly incorporated into the flour.
- Microwave the mixture on high power for 1 minute, or until the ghee melts. Remove from the microwave and stir well.
- Add sugar and milk to the bowl. Mix everything thoroughly until there are no lumps.
- Place the bowl back in the microwave and cook on high power for 2 minutes.
- Remove the bowl from the microwave and give it a good stir. Be careful as the mixture will be hot.
- Place the bowl back in the microwave and cook on high power for another 2 minutes.
- Take the bowl out and stir the mixture again. It should start to thicken by now.
- Place the bowl back in the microwave and cook for an additional 2 minutes. At this point, the halwa should have a thick, pudding-like consistency.
- Remove the bowl from the microwave and stir in the cardamom powder. Mix well to incorporate the flavors.
- Allow the halwa to cool for a few minutes. It will thicken further as it cools.
- Once the halwa has cooled down a bit, transfer it to a serving bowl or plate. Garnish with saffron strands and chopped almonds if desired.
- Your delicious microwave almond halwa is now ready to be enjoyed! Serve it warm or refrigerate for a couple of hours if you prefer it chilled.
Note: Cooking times may vary depending on the wattage of your microwave. Keep an eye on the halwa during the cooking process to prevent it from overflowing or burning. Adjust the cooking time accordingly for best results.
Enjoy your tasty, microwave almond halwa, and savor the flavors of this delightful dessert!